In preparation for the upcoming Aztec Sparkles Christmas Festival, the Aztec Chamber of Commerce would like to share what we think are some of the best Holiday Marketing tips and ideas. Because Aztec Chamber Members are a diverse group, all of the ideas may not apply to your business specifically. Peruse the tips listed and pick the ones that fit your business situation and implement those ideas for the upcoming Shopping Season.
Don't forget to check out the links to more ideas below "OUR" list!
How to Participate!
1. Enter the Business Lighting Contest hosted by the City of Aztec. Applications can be downloaded from the City of Aztec’s website: www.aztecnm.gov or picked up and returned at the Utilities Office.
2. Plan to be open later hours to capture potential customers who are out looking at lights.
3. Build a dazzling float for the Aztec Sparkles light parade. Pick up parade forms at the Aztec Visitor Center or call 334-9551.
4. Donate an item for Santa’s Gift Bag—Aztec First, Buy Local Promotion. Single purchase receipts of $50 or more at any Aztec Business dated Nov 27—Dec 15 make person eligible for drawing. Customer takes receipt to City Visitor Center, Senior Center or Library to have copy made and give name and contact info for drawing entry by Dec 17. Drawing will be Dec 18.
5. Print and hand out fliers to your Customers about Santa’s Gift Bag & Aztec Sparkles. Put them in shopping bag when customer makes purchase. Fliers will be available for download on the Chamber of Commerce’s website: www.AztecChamber.com beginning 11/15.
8. Offer cross-promotions with fellow businesses—buy something here get a discount or free item there, or vice versa.
9. Offer Gift Certificate purchases with specific expiration dates.
10. Use Aztec Sparkles branded flyer to promote your special as a printed poster and/or electronically online or via social media. Flyer template is available at www.aztecchamber.com/chamber-events/aztec-sparkles.
12. If space allows, offer to host a craft vendor in your Business. Contact Sally about this.
13. If space allows, host Santa during Aztec Sparkles.
14. Offer refreshments for Caroling groups during Aztec Sparkles.
15. Don’t have a Main Ave., or retail business? Offer a sale anyway! or Sponsor Aztec Sparkles so we can grow the Festival (sponsorships begin at $350!)—Promote this as a Christmas present from your business to the Aztec Community in your other Holiday promotions!
16. Use taglines for Aztec Sparkles & Santa’s Gift Bag in your other Holiday promotional efforts. (example—”Proud Supporter of Aztec Sparkles”, “Shopping at **** store could help you win Santa’s Gift Bag!”
17. Coordinate your activities with the Chamber so specials & activities may be included in the Schedule!
18. Check out other FREE or low-cost marketing ideas in the links below this list.
19. Chair one of the sub-committees for Aztec Sparkles and take a hand in making this magical event happen!
20. Dress up your windows and outdoor storefront for the occasion!
21. Tell EVERYONE you are participating in Aztec Sparkles!
The ways to participate are limited only by creativity and imagination—no matter what you do, take advantage of this opportunity to promote your business during the Holiday Season.
It may just make an impression that lasts all year!
MORE IDEAS AND TIPS!